Parent Governor, Vice-Chair of Governors
Lt Col Steen Clarke OBE, RE
Named Governor for Safeguarding, Foundation Governor
Chair of Governors, Parent Governor
Fr. Charles Sutton
ex officio Foundation Governor
Cllr. Clive Stevens
Clerk to Governors
What do School Governors Do?
Governing bodies are responsible for the strategic management of their school, working to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Together with the head teacher who is responsible for the day-to-day management, they set the school's aims and policies. They also carry out a number of other important duties, including:
- overseeing the school’s budget
- helping with the appointment of staff
- making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies
- monitoring the performance of the school e.g. in key stage tests
- advising on school policies and procedures
- providing a vital means for parents and the community to get their views heard by the governing body as a whole.
Governors take on the following commitments to help make sure their school is well-managed:
- sharing the responsibilities of the Governing Body as summarised above
- attending and participating in Governor’s meetings on a regular basis: the Full Governing Body meets six times a year and we have two sub-committees (Finance and Resources and Teaching, Learning, Attainment and Wellbeing) who also meet six times a year
- undergoing appropriate training
Contacting the Governors
To contact the Governors, feel free to either talk to a Governor listed here or email:
Governors welcome constructive feedback and ideas about the strategic direction of the school. Please note that Governors do not get involved in the day-to-day functioning of the school, and it is not appropriate to contact Governors about individual children. For these requests, please either contact your class teacher or a member of the senior leadership team. Alternatively, information about the complaints procedures for the school can be found here.
How can I get involved?
Periodically, vacancies arise on the Governing Body. The process to fill the governor vacancy is determined by the type of governor. Information about these processes and procedures is in the constitution of the Governing Body. Information about the terms of the current governors is available in the document below.
You must consent to the use of user embedded cookies to allow this embedded object to show.